Try as we may, we cannot get away from statistics. Social Media statistics could even been considered the life blood of your business, as it gives you a clear picture of what’s truly happening online and as you plan your 2015 strategy, you’ll need a solid foundation, that’s based in fact.
In order to maximize your marketing strategy, it’s crucial that you know what your customers, current or potential, are up to and it’s my hope that this quick list will help to provide you with the information you need, to build the right strategy for your marketing this year.
20 Social Media Statistics Every Serious Marketeer Should Know.
- Instagram has more than 150 million active users. Currently owned by Facebook, Instagram has grown by more than 150 million active users. Which means the platform current boasts approximately 300 millions users. (Instagram) (SocialMediatoday)
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour
- 97% of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women.
- 60 percent of 50 to 60 year olds are active on social media (2014).
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device. (2014).
- 23 percent of Facebook users login at least 5 times per day.
- 751 million users access Facebook via their mobile phone (2013).
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the web.
- 93% of marketers use social media for business (2013).
- Twitter has 270 million active users who collectively send 500+ million tweets each and every day.
- 91% of people have unsubscribed from company emails they previously opted into.
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%. (Social Fresh).
- 63% of millennials born between 1981 and 2000 say they stay updated on brands through social networks; 51% say social opinions influence their purchase decisions; and 46% “count on social media” when buying online. (leaderswest Digital Marketing Journal).
- Email subject lines matter. Really. 64% of people say they open an e-mail because of the subject line. (Mark the Marketer).
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- People are spending 1 out of every 7 minutes on Facebook when online. Facebook users typically are spending 10.5 billion minutes (almost 20,000 years) on the social network and that’s excluding mobile devices. Source.
- 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’
- In 2006 Google purchased You Tube for approximately 1,650,000,000.
- In September 2014, Facebook announced it was generating more than a billion video views daily. Surpassing You Tube.
- 71% of consumers that receive a quick brand response on social media are likely to recommend that brand to others. (Source: CeBIT)
Featured image courtesy Coolstats